Location: Northern Ireland
Apple Recruitment Services are working on behalf of their Client, a global expert in Fire Safety, to recruit a Technical Manager to join their growing team in their Newtownabbey site.
The company is a global player in fire science and cover fire safety in testing and modeling, certification, education and inspection, can boast the largest facility of its kind in the UK. The company carry out assessments of the fire performance of products and systems for clients from a wide range of sectors including nuclear, transportation, construction and industrial processes.
This exciting role and varied role, and the Technical Manager would taking accountability for overall day-to-day activities including planning, scheduling, budgeting and leading the technical teams as well as working closely with clients to ensure objectives and requirements are met. The Technical Manager will need a good knowledge of the British Building Regulations.
- Postgraduate degree in Fire Safety Engineering, or similar engineering discipline.
- An understanding of fire dynamics and basic fire engineering principles.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering innovative fire engineering solutions for various building types
- Knowledge of UK fire safety legislation and guidance as well as international guidance documents
- Site-based experience
- Experience in negotiations with Local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Speaks more than one language
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes if required
- Resource management skills and ability to handle complex / sensitive issues
- Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution
- Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for development so that employee potential is utilised to the maximum.
- Make presentations on project status, present monthly and annual reports to senior management
- Meet with client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings and track project progress
- Interview candidates and hire resources
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback and recommend for promotions or salary increments
- Estimate project budgets, coordinate with finance department for funds and plan for purchasing of equipment and hardware in a cost-effective way
- Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within stipulated time
- Good knowledge of planning process and delivery of the project(s) objectives.
- Good Knowledge building regulation Eurocode.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and clients.
- Understand project requirements, coordinate with resources and direct the projects in the right direction in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution.
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end.
Working Monday to Friday, the Technical Manager can expect a competitive salary and benefits package as well as an excellent career opportunity in a global company with renowned clients. This is a supportive and collaborative environment with a strong focus on the development of their people.
To apply please send your CV to Patricia in Microsoft word format by clicking on the link.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Latest JobsAdministators / Secretaries - Ar
Location: Northern Ireland Salary: See descriptionSenior Project Manager (IT)
Location: Belfast Salary: See DescriptionAudio Typist
Location: Belfast Salary: See DescriptionInformation Analyst - Ballymena
Location: Ballymena Salary: See descriptionField Sales Canvasser
Location: Belfast Salary: See Description
We regularly use Apple Recruitment for temporary and permanent staff. Their consultants have taken time to understand the needs of our business and send us high calibre, job criteria specific candidates, saving us considerable time.
They are a pleasure to deal with, both professional and efficient. To date we have experienced a high success rate with the candidates supplied by them. I would have no hesitation recommending Apple Recruitment to both candidates and other businesses.
Recruitment Executive, N.G.O
Apple offer a prompt efficient service, they provide NIAS with all grades of staff and the staff concerned are always of a high standard and meet the requirements of the post. I always find the staff at Apple Recruitment Agency deal with any requirements The Trust may have in an extremely professional manner.
HR Advisor, NIAS