Salary: See description
On behalf of our client, a Building Services Contracts provider with an excellent reputation for providing high caliber maintenance, refurbishment and design for new or refurbishments, we are seeking a new Quantity Surveyor to join their team in East Antrim.
- Monitor relevant planning authority web sites to identify work opportunities
- Pursue opportunities to obtain tender documents
- Completion and submission of PQQs Pre-Contract (EST)
- Maintain sub-contract data base
- Maintain material suppliers database
- Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender
- Take off quantities
- Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
- Prepare and issue material supply enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt
- Pricing of Excavations, Concrete, Brickwork, Woodwork, Roof tiling, External Render, Drainage, External works and minor landscaping (all other trades are normally sub-contracted)
- Complete tender documents for submission
- Prepare specifications and / or Contractors proposals
- Submit tenders and follow up
- Post tender negotiations Post Contract (QS)
- Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre tender and post contract matters
- Preparation and issue of contractual letters to clients and / or sub-contractors
- Post contract liaison with clients
- Post contract liaison with design team
- Carry out take offs for material procurement
- Sub-contract negotiation and letting
- Preparation and submission of interim valuations
- Site measurement
- Manage and value variations
- Agreement and certification of sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts
- Preparation and submission of several works final account
- Agreement of final accounts
- Degree educated
- RICS (not essential) Skills
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement. SMM7 and CESMM3
- Driving licence
- Good IT skills - particularly Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills Personal Qualities
- High degree of personal motivation
- Customer focused and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously â both short and long term.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
- Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with Clients and their design team
- Good negotiator
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
Salary is negotiable.
To apply for this role please email your cv in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will then be contacted to discuss the opportunity.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Latest JobsAmbulance Cleansing Co-ordinator
Location: Co. Armagh Salary: See descriptionWarehouse operative
Location: Belfast Salary: see descriptionHR advisor
Location: Belfast Salary: See DescriptionSenior Secretary- Band 4
Location: Belfast Salary: See DescriptionSolicitor
Location: Belfast Salary: negotiable
We regularly use Apple Recruitment for temporary and permanent staff. Their consultants have taken time to understand the needs of our business and send us high calibre, job criteria specific candidates, saving us considerable time.
They are a pleasure to deal with, both professional and efficient. To date we have experienced a high success rate with the candidates supplied by them. I would have no hesitation recommending Apple Recruitment to both candidates and other businesses.
Recruitment Executive, N.G.O
Apple offer a prompt efficient service, they provide NIAS with all grades of staff and the staff concerned are always of a high standard and meet the requirements of the post. I always find the staff at Apple Recruitment Agency deal with any requirements The Trust may have in an extremely professional manner.
HR Advisor, NIAS