Apple Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting for a Network Engineer on behalf of our client, an accredited leader in building, integrating and managing complex cloud environment for their clients globally, offering the full spectrum of IT Managed Services, Integration Services, Software Development and 24X7 support#
Our client enables organisations to advance their digital transformation journey at an infrastructure and business optimisation level with their consulting practice and business automation software tool set.
Led by an experienced team of industry experts their workforce of IT and business professionals operate across: EMEA, Caribbean, USA, LATAM
Salary is based on experience, competitive package offered with a 3 month salary review. Salary expectations can be submitted to the client alongside a CV.
The successful candidate would be based in offices on the Springfield Road, Belfast (BT12).
We are looking for someone who is very familiar with client side setups; URL Filtering, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, spanning-tree concepts, Palo Alto, ASAs, Nexus (NXos). You don't need to be an expert in all of these but some knowledge would be great.
- Be able to provide engineer level support in our clientsâ€™ environments without assistance and teach others to do the same.
- Perform Troubleshooting of Network Alerts on supported technology platforms
- Perform Change Management (configuration changes) on supported technology platforms
- Be the subject matter expert in Network and Voice Management Platforms
- Perform daily tasks and provide clear and concise updates to internal teams and external clients
- Perform tasks using the documented policies and procedures
- Perform systems checks to verify all circuits are functioning as expected
- Analyze and investigate interface utilization reports
- Troubleshoot disabled ports/interface
- Escalate and work with 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Perform configuration changes on network devices
- Participate in scheduled tasks like building power down and power up
- Perform firmware updates on network devices
- Monitor and manage policies for:
- Web filtering
- Geo Fencing
- Manage Cisco Call Manager Configuration with several remote offices receiving services from the central Cisco Call Manager
- Perform Moves, Adds, Changes (MAC) as part of managing Voice/IP telephone systems
- Troubleshoot IP telephony from end to end, including IP telephony voice quality issues and between and within location
- Experience in a service/support or technical delivery role for IP telephony enterprises
- Experience working as network engineer
- Strong understanding of VoIP in an enterprise infrastructure
- Strong understanding of popular network routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
- Strong understanding of popular Firewall vendor solutions (Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, SonicWall)
- Strong understanding of first Hop Redundancy methods (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
- Strong understanding of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Familiar with change management and ITIL processes
- Ability to provide timely and informative follow-up to end users
- Desire to work in a fast paced, multi-tenant environment
- Desire to work in a support function, performing day to day blocking and tackling on system alerts and end user requests
Please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Aoife.email@example.com by clicking on the link below
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.