Information Officer (Team Leader)
Location: Co. Antrim
The post-holder will play a key role within the Information & Records Department by ensuring:-
- the provision of quality information to a range of users;
- the provision of specialist advice in the use of information and information systems and in the analysis/interpretation of data;
- best use and continual development of existing information systems;
- best use of technology to streamline information extraction;
- day to day management of teams within the department
KEY RESULT AREAS / MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1 To ensure the provision of an effective information service by
- coordinating and managing requests for information;
- providing advice on the availability, appropriateness and accessibility of information;
- developing processes to support new information requirements.
2 To coordinate the production and delivery of reports required for operational/performance management of the service area and ensure statutory reporting is delivered on time and to the highest quality.
3 To continually review data collation and reporting methods within the Information and Records and Operational Departments in order to maximise efficiency.
4 To review the effectiveness and efficiency of information processes and tools on a sector-wide basis and initiate, negotiate and implement changes as appropriate.
5 To develop the skills of information staff and others by providing support and training on information analysis tools and techniques.
6 To ensure the quality of information held in information systems is maintained by:-
- undertaking regular data audits;
- providing advice on standards, guidance and data definitions;
- ensuring that effective and efficient procedures are in place for the capture of information;
- providing education and advice to staff on the use of information;
- promoting ownership of data.
7 In conjunction with the System Managers:
- implement and maintain a consistent coding approach across all systems;
- ensure that effective and efficient procedures are developed, implemented and maintained for the capture and flow of information by either manual or computerised records;
- provide guidance on the production of reports from systems;
- provide support and guidance on the development of new software/functionality to support business requirements.
8 Act as a co-ordinating function for the information and records departments, fulfilling requests for information and or directing customers to the most appropriate department.
9 Manage the staff and resources associated with the post to achieve optimum performance of both people and systems.
10 Monitor the performance of each department in relation to submission of statutory returns to the Department of Health and HSCB
11 Provide expert advice and guidance of all information standards, guidance and definitions related to the provision of health and social care
12 Participate in working groups at Trust, Board and Regional level, as required.
13 Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
* Applicants must possess:
Degree in an ICT Discipline, Mathematics, Business Studies, Finance or other discipline where there is an element of Information or ICT
2 years experience in Information/ Information Management1
HND/HNC in an ICT Discipline, Mathematics, Business Studies, Finance or other discipline where there is an element of Information or ICT
3 years experience in Information /Information Management1
5 years experience in Information/ Information Management1
In addition to the above candidates must also have:
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language (Grade A-C) or recognised equivalent qualification.
- 2 years staff management experience
- 2 years practical experience in a working environment of the Microsoft Office suite of Programmes (or similar equivalent) such as, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access
Equivalent qualifications considered
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post
Skills and Abilities
Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems and processes for the management of data, information and records
Ability to extract, analyse, interpret and present complex information
Database design and reporting
Desktop applications to an advanced level which must include use of spreadsheets
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to manage a service
Ability to plan and prioritise own and team workload
Please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Stephen Crawford by clicking on the link.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Latest JobsHead Chef
Loc: Belfast Salary: NegotiableWeb Developer
Loc: Co. Antrim Salary: NegotiableDigital Marketing Exceutive
Loc: Co. Antrim Salary: NegotiableIT Service & Contract Management
Loc: Belfast Salary: 23761Purchase Ledger Specialist
Loc: Antrim Salary: See description
We regularly use Apple Recruitment for temporary and permanent staff. Their consultants have taken time to understand the needs of our business and send us high calibre, job criteria specific candidates, saving us considerable time.
They are a pleasure to deal with, both professional and efficient. To date we have experienced a high success rate with the candidates supplied by them. I would have no hesitation recommending Apple Recruitment to both candidates and other businesses.
Recruitment Executive, N.G.O
Apple offer a prompt efficient service, they provide NIAS with all grades of staff and the staff concerned are always of a high standard and meet the requirements of the post. I always find the staff at Apple Recruitment Agency deal with any requirements The Trust may have in an extremely professional manner.
HR Advisor, NIAS