Housing and Maintenance Assistant
Salary: See Description
We are delighted to be seeking a Housing and Maintenance Assistant for a 12 month fixed term contract with our client, a Housing Association, with specialist housing throughout Northern Ireland and a central office in Belfast.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate with a housing or building maintenance related discipline or an experienced Administrator looking for a varied role and customer interaction.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to multitask as well as strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills. You will also need a driving licence and access to a car.
- Visit 3 sites based at Holywood, Omagh and Kilkeel on a regular basis
- Arrange and attend Maintenance Group meetings at each of the three sites and prepare minutes of the meetings
- Carry out quality assessments of works carried out at each of the three sites
- Log and monitor works orders relating to maintenance requests
- Follow up on the progress of works orders and handle and queries
- Monitor statutory and cyclical maintenance and liaise with sub-contractors on related issues
- Assist in the preparation of reports for presentation to the Board of Trustees
- Arrange meetings
- Typing, photocopying, taking minutes, dealing with post etc
- Meet and greet visitors and provide refreshments
- Assist the Finance Manager as required
- Handle confidential information with discretion and in accordance with Data Protection principles
- Update and maintain occupancy records
- Contact, visit and engage with tenants and care providers at the three sites including attending events and open days
- Liaise with Empowering Communities and attend Tenant Participation Practitioners Network meetings
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
Good general level of education with at least 5 GCSEs or equivalent to include English and Maths (at a minimum of Grade C) and 2 yearsâ€™ recent administration experience working in an office environment
ORa third level qualification or equivalent in a housing or building maintenance related discipline.
As well as:
Excellent level of IT literacy with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to produce reports, presentations and pivot tables
Excellent level of literacy and numeracy with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of the team
Current driving licence and use of a car
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent planning and organisational ability
Flexible approach to working
Previous helpdesk or administration experience working within a maintenance/facilities management environment
Awareness of social housing
Minute taking experience
The post holder will be offered a 12 month contract with the possibility of extension and can expect a salary of £18000- £22000 depending on experience. The post holder will also be entitled to 20 days annual leave and statutory days as well as company benefits.
To apply please send your CV to Patricia in Microsoft word format by clicking on the link.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Latest JobsSpanish Customer Service Executi
Loc: Belfast Salary: NegotiableResource Support Administrator (
Loc: Belfast Salary: See DescriptionResource Technician (Administrat
Loc: Belfast Salary: See DescriptionHealth and Safety Advisor
Loc: Lisburn Salary: See DescriptionEmployee Resourcing Officer
Loc: Belfast Salary: See Description
We regularly use Apple Recruitment for temporary and permanent staff. Their consultants have taken time to understand the needs of our business and send us high calibre, job criteria specific candidates, saving us considerable time.
They are a pleasure to deal with, both professional and efficient. To date we have experienced a high success rate with the candidates supplied by them. I would have no hesitation recommending Apple Recruitment to both candidates and other businesses.
Recruitment Executive, N.G.O
Apple offer a prompt efficient service, they provide NIAS with all grades of staff and the staff concerned are always of a high standard and meet the requirements of the post. I always find the staff at Apple Recruitment Agency deal with any requirements The Trust may have in an extremely professional manner.
HR Advisor, NIAS