Health and Safety Advisor
On behalf of our client, a manufacturing organisation with a global presence, we are seeking to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor to join their Newry based team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join a growing, global supplier within a structured team environment.
Reporting to the EHS Manager, the Health and Safety Advisor work with the team in establishing standards and policies of H&S in all areas of the factories, and to assist in their implementation.
- Ensure practical risk assessments are carried out for all tasks within the company. Coach employees to complete good quality risk assessments and to manage same.
- Advise managers, supervisors and employees of their duties under the various H&S regulations. Coach good behaviours and mind-sets.
- Organise and deliver H&S training as required.
- Ensure company sets its employees and contractors to work in a safe manner.
- Set example for good housekeeping, mind-sets and behaviours. Complete safety inspections regularly, feedback and follow up on closure of actions.
- Challenge unsafe systems of work, advise on alternative SSOW. Ensure managers provide information, instruction and training to their team members including supervision.
- Maintain & update online document systems to ensure H&S documentation is up to date.
At least 3 years previous H&S experience within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
Knowledge of current and impending legislation and implications
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the credibility and energy to make an immediate impact at all levels
Competent in MS office applications
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006
Supervisory qualification or experience
Previous H&S experience with the Pharmaceutical industry
The Health and Safety Advisor can expect a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Further information is available to applicants.
To apply please send your CV to Patricia in Microsoft word format by clicking on the link and I will contact you in confidence. Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Latest JobsSpanish Customer Service Executi
Loc: Belfast Salary: NegotiableResource Support Administrator (
Loc: Belfast Salary: See DescriptionResource Technician (Administrat
Loc: Belfast Salary: See DescriptionHealth and Safety Advisor
Loc: Lisburn Salary: See DescriptionEmployee Resourcing Officer
Loc: Belfast Salary: See Description
We regularly use Apple Recruitment for temporary and permanent staff. Their consultants have taken time to understand the needs of our business and send us high calibre, job criteria specific candidates, saving us considerable time.
They are a pleasure to deal with, both professional and efficient. To date we have experienced a high success rate with the candidates supplied by them. I would have no hesitation recommending Apple Recruitment to both candidates and other businesses.
Recruitment Executive, N.G.O
Apple offer a prompt efficient service, they provide NIAS with all grades of staff and the staff concerned are always of a high standard and meet the requirements of the post. I always find the staff at Apple Recruitment Agency deal with any requirements The Trust may have in an extremely professional manner.
HR Advisor, NIAS